Monday, February 4, 2008

My Setup

My setup is very unique and can produce amazing samples and live sounds. Many of them I trigger through m1d1 interfaces and/or guitar.


My setup is very unique and can produce amazing samples and live sounds. Many of them I trigger through m1d1 interfaces and/or guitar.

Home studio for power processing of complex sounds(pictured above)

Its a Pro-tools based rig --> Sheman Filterbank --> tons of softsynths and sound modules (50 plugins) ran on an 8CPU computer. Then a Marshal JMP1--> looped back into the live Pro-tools rig. It creates sounds, samples, and live ambiances, that are nearly impossible for someone to re-create. All of this is driven by various analog synths and outboard effects that are ran back into the digital world for mega sound mutilation. Most sounds I create are custom engineered sound modules in Native Instruments ReaKtor, Reason, and pushed through analog filters (Sherman Filterbank), I also use Izotope trash on plenty of things. Thats one plugin I have to plug.

Portable studio (live rig).

Macbook Pro hosting Ableton live and a plethora of digital audio plugins that can be called up on the fly. Motu Ultralite is interface that drives the audio routing and various line/mic inputs. Novation remote 25key sl midi controller is the workhorse working with Ableton for instant sonic gratification. Ableton hosts the samples and mega soft synths to include my Reaktor and Reason patches. After the sound leaves the moto it is routed through. Finally the JMP-1 for those hard stabbing Pchords or hard rhythm guitars.

No comments: